The Innovative Users Group was founded in 1991 as an international organization of member libraries who used the Innovative Interfaces, Inc integrated library software. It is an independent organization from Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
The IUG is led by the Steering Committee whose members are elected by the general membership. It consists of a Chair, Vice Chair/Chair Elect, Past Chair, Secretary/Treasurer, and five Members at Large. All members of the Steering Committee volunteer their services to the organization.
In 2017 the IUG hosted its 25th annual conference in National Harbor, MD. We have grown quite a bit since our first conference but as always our mission remains as it is stated in the Bylaws:
- Serve as a forum to influence the development and improvement of Innovative Interfaces, Inc. products for the benefit of IUG members
- Foster and improve relationships and communication among members, and between members and Innovative Interfaces
- Gather and disseminate information on the use of III products among the users of the systems
Further details on the IUG and its membership are available through its Bylaws.
This website is for members of the Innovative Users Group, an international organization of member libraries who use Innovative Interfaces, Inc.’s integrated library software. It is an independent organization from Innovative Interfaces.
What’s the difference between this website and the Innovative websites?
Here you will find:
- information about the IUG as an organization, its officers, bylaws, and history
- the IUG discussion forums
- information about the IUG annual conference, including registration forms, hotel and transportation news, program schedules and proceedings
- connections to regional and special interest IUG organizations around the globe
- archives of past conference presentations
- the IUG Clearinghouse of tips and solutions created by our members
The Innovative company has several websites, including http://www.iii.com which offers general corporate information as well as links to training opportunities and the Innovative Customer Supportal which includes information for customers such as access to the Help Desk, call tracking tools, known software issues, software updates, and a knowledge base of questions and solutions.
First Annual IUG Conference, Oakland, CA – April 1993