Innovative Users Group
Are you recruiting? Are you in the market for a new job? Just curious about what jobs are available out there? Attending the IUG Conference in Denver in May? Then the IUG Job Placement Service is for you.
1. Send your job announcements in electronic format (PDF or Word) to Carol Brigham at firstname.lastname@example.org . Unless you indicate otherwise, we will assume that positions may be posted on the IUG 2006 Job Placement web page prior to the IUG conference.
Deadline to assure inclusion: May 10, 2006.
You may also bring the announcement to the IUG Conference and add it to the appropriate job vacancy binder onsite.
2. If you will be interviewing at the IUG Conference, be sure to provide contact information for potential applicants. We will include any name/hotel information you provide with your job announcement.
3. If possible, bring extra copies of the announcement that can be picked up by interested job seekers. This will ensure that a copy remains in the placement notebooks.
4. Three Job Vacancy binders, divided by Public Services, Technical Services, and Systems jobs, will be available in a private Job Placement Center in the Agate B Room.
Saturday: 12:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. & 1:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
5. Make private arrangements with interested applicants to meet during the conference.
1. Check this page before the meeting to read job announcements:
Job Placement Page
2. Bring copies of your resume or vita to the conference.
3. In Denver, check the 3 notebooks filled with Systems, Public Services or Technical Services job openings on a regular basis. They will be available in the Job Placement Center [Agate B] during the Conference.
4. Contact the recruiter directly if they are at IUG, or follow other instructions for making application.
5. Please do not remove the original job notice from a binder. Check in the folder labeled "Job Announcement Extra Copies." You may take any extras of interest to you.
6. Check the IUG Web site. Some of the listings may be posted there for a brief time following the IUG Conference.
7. Remember that there is also the option of sending a cover letter and resume to the contact person listed on the job description in which you're interested.
Manager, Union Databases Department, Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
Systems Librarian - Circulation Team, Customer Services Department, Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
Systems Librarian - Collections Team, Customer Services Department, Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
Library Training Consultant - Implementation Services Department, Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
Library Training Consultant (Spanish Speaker) - Implementation Services Department, Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
Systems Librarian - Web OPAC Team, Customer Services Department, Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
Associate Law Librarian - Technical Services Librarian, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Access Services Librarian, Hunter Library, Western Carolina University
Acquisitions/Collection Development Librarian, Southwest Baptist University
Administrative Librarian, Richmond Public Library
Technical Services Librarian, Des Moines University
Acquisitions Librarian, Radford University
Head, Library Systems Department, University of Arkansas Libraries
Access Services Librarian, Valparaiso University
Serials Librarian, Kent State University
Integrated Systems/Catalog Librarian, Western Washington University
Instruction Librarian, Michigan State University
Assistant Director for Resources Management, Mercer University School of Medicine
Interlibrary Loan and Circulation Services/Reference Librarian, Mercer University
Metadata Librarian, Wayne State University Library System
Head of Technical Services Librarian, Mesa State College
Library Services Supervisor, City of Durango Public Library
Information Literacy Librarian, Marshall University
Digital Library Cataloger, Libraries of The Claremont Colleges
Reference & Instruction Librarian, Head of Information Services, Eastern Washington University
User Services Manager, Cape Libraries Automated Materials Sharing (CLAMS)
Cataloging Librarian, Columbus School of Law
Music Librarian, University of Miami
Social Sciences Bibliographer, University of Miami
Head of Access & Delivery Services, University of Miami
School of Communication Liaison/Reference Librarian, University of Miami
Head of Library Technical Services & Systems, Saginaw Valley State University
Last updated May 11, 2006