Innovative Users Group Conference
Sun. May 1 - Wed.
May 4, 2005
San Francisco, California
2005 IUG Member Registration Details
Here are a few things to remember to help make your registration go smoothly.
Please read through before proceeding to online registration.You may also want
to check the preliminary program (when available) for scheduling and descriptions,
especially for pre-conference events.
- Please be sure to check the IUG
Membership Roster for your institution's IUG member number before
you start to register. Your institution's 2005 membership dues must
be paid and recorded in order to qualify for the member rates. Please
note that your institution's IUG member number is NOT the same as your
institution's Innovative CSDirect library ID (site code). If you do
not know your CSDirect library ID, please contact your your site coordinator
or the Innovative Help Desk.
- The initial screen of the registration form requires you to enter
your e-mail address twice.
- The next screen will ask for your personal information and IUG member
ID. Please note that required fields are “starred” in
- The third screen will prompt you for optional pre-conference registration,
public library/law users group luncheons, and payment/cancellation agreement.
- The fourth screen provides information on the conference hotel, Hilton
- The fifth screen prompts for payment type. If paying by check,
a copy of the invoice available at the end of the registration steps
MUST accompany payment. Credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard,
American Express) requires no further action on your part.
- When you finish your online registration, you will receive an e-mail
indicating that you completed the registration process. If you believe
that you have completed the registration steps and do not receive an
e-mail within 24 hours, contact Kathy O’Gorman at Kathy@innovativeusers.org.
- To update or change any information simply go to the online registration,
enter your e-mail address and the password you created and make the
The following special events and workshops are included on the registration
- Pre-Conference for New Users
- Innovative Workshops - limited to 250 participants for each workshop.
- Monday luncheon for Innovative Law Users Group (for ILUG members only)
- Monday luncheon for Public Librarians
Please note that if you want a vegetarian lunch at any of the meal functions
that you will need to check the boxes provided. The Innovative Law Users
Group is subsidizing a portion of the ILUG luncheon cost.
For IUG members:
- Until February 15, 2005: $150.00 **
- **Register early!!
If you register on or before February 15, 2005, you will be eligible
to win one of seven free conference registrations (2 for U.S. registrants
and 5 for international registrants).
- February 16 - April 15, 2005: $200.00
- After April 15, 2005, on-site only: $300.00
- New Users Pre-Conference: $40 in addition to the conference registration
- New Users Pre-Conference only: $60
- Innovative's Sunday Workshops: $35 each in addition to the conference
- Web OPAC Design and Advanced Web Options (May 1, 2005 9:00 a.m.
- 12:00 p.m.)
- This half-day seminar will explore the many methods of customizing the public
catalog. Customizable pages, forms, tokens, web options and styles will be illustrated
with examples from many libraries. Best practices for maximum impact with minimal effort
will be featured along with some advanced Web Options tips to really make your Web OPAC
shine. This session will be conducted by Dinah Sanders, Product Manager at Innovative.
- Implementing Electronic Resource Management (May 1, 2005 2:00
p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- This program will cover implementation issues faced by libraries installing ERM,
including a detailed description of models for implementing ERM for staff and patrons.
It will provide guidelines for how to approach ERM implementation and a description of
the basic elements that will get your ERM implementation off the ground and in production.
The session will be conducted by a panel of three experienced users -- Diane Grover of the
University of Washington, Janet Crum of Oregon Health Sciences University, and Ted Fons,
Product Manager for ERM at Innovative.
- XML/Metadata Workshop (May 1, 2005 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- What are metadata and XML? How is XML different than HTML or SGML? What's a schema,
a DTD, XHTML, a namespace? What tools are available for creating XML? This workshop will
cover introductory issues and solutions to questions like these. The session will include
discussion on the rules governing XML, what it looks like, how it can be displayed, how
diacritics and special characters are handled, and what types of XML are being used in the
library world. Two Innovative products will be highlighted: MetaData Builder and the Digital
Repository Manager. The session will be conducted by Claudia Conrad, Product Manager at
Institutional Membership in the IUG can be determined by using the Current
Roster of IUG Membership. Your institution's membership number and
your insitution's Innovative CSDirect library ID (site code) are required
to process your application.
All registrations must be submitted online by the dates listed above.
Please do not send payments after April 22, 2005 -- bring it to San Francisco
for on-site registration.
Written requests for refunds must be postmarked or electronically
submitted by April 25, 2005. No phone cancellations please.
Send in writing to: Kathy O’Gorman, IUG Financial
Consultant, PO Box 15080, Cincinnati, OH 45215-0080
Or electronically to: Kathy@innovativeusers.org
(a confirming response will be sent)
There is a $15 handling fee for cancellation of main conference attendance.
Pre-conference or meal functions may be cancelled in writing or electronically
by April 25, 2005 with no penalty. No phone cancellations accepted. Refunds
will be issued after May 5, 2005.
Please check the IUG Conference
FAQ for answers to many commonly asked questions. If you have other questions
not answered there, contact Kathy O'Gorman, IUG Financial Consultant, at Kathy@innovativeusers.org
before submitting your form.
Non-IUG Member Registration
If your library is not an IUG member, contact Kathy O’Gorman,
IUG Financial Consultant, at Kathy@innovativeusers.org
for more information about registration. If you are not sure, please
be sure to check the IUG
Last updated January 20, 2005