IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Alison Pruntel
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Friday, 27 January 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email
Due to lack of response to my earlier post (and ticket sitting in help desk queue), am trying again in hopes that someone can provide some insight on my issue with our e-commerce installation.

We have test transactions working now, but only got it working after the installation team stated that they “cleared a cache file," whatever that means. They did not provide any more information. They instead marked the installation complete and opened a ticket in CSDirect, which has been assigned, but no response.

1. If using LINKED, can I or can I not customize the screen one gets once they select to “Pay Fines” from their account? My understanding of the documentation was that I’d be able to update/use the payform.html screen to do this. Or possibly a screen that’s in the /screens directory called payform_LINKED.html (no documentation on this that I can find). The current screen one gets when opting to pay fines (see attached "PayOnline....gif";) is very basic, want to make more user-friendly. However, when I had http://innopac.fauquiercounty.gov/screens/payform.html loaded, none of the buttons to clear all, continue, etc. worked. The installation team then did something (again, not privy to what) that ensured the continue/checkout process would occur, but you see this generic, system-generated screen vs. the payform.html that I loaded. ????

2. If using LINKED, can I or can I not customize the screen one gets once they've paid their fine on PayPal (see attached "PayCompleted....gif";)? I believe it's "transactionDone.do."Again, would like to make it more user-friendly. I could use the PayPal confirmation screen, but that still requires a return URL, which uses https://[domain]/iii/ecom/transactionDone.do, this generic, cryptic system-generated page.

Thanks in advance for any advice/clarification. The implementation team could not answer the above questions.

Alison

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library
11 Winchester St.
Warrenton, VA 20186
http://fauquierlibrary.org

Original Qs posted last week…

Apologies in advance -- yet another in what will surely be many questions/requests to the list(s) about implementing e-commerce. (Have also posted to Sierra list, but no responses yet.)

If you are using Linked eCommerce - i.e., you have a PayFlow Link account, not Pro -- do you only need to worry about configuring the payform.html and donateform.html screens?

I ask because looking at http://csdirect.iii.com/sierrahelp/Default.php#sgwpac/sgwpac_linked_ecommerce_setup.html, which is "Setting up Ecommerce with Payflow Link," other forms are mentioned as optional (payconfirm.html, payreceipt.html and payemail.html). However, I thought that everything after the payform.html page, where you confirm what fines you want to pay, would take place on the PayPal side (enter billing info, etc.). So maybe these other forms are if you are using Pro?

At the moment I can't tell/test, because while I set up the payform.html, web options and tried to test, only the "Cancel" works. When I hit "Continue" and assume I'd go on to PayPal, nothing happens. Also, my "Select all" and "Clear all" links/buttons don't do anything either, and I don't see any button/link to recalculate after you do clear some fines. I don't know if this is an issue with our PayPal account or the way our parameters were set during the installation (I noticed yesterday that III set the account parameters for payflow pro vs. link, which III then fixed), so I'm kind of stuck, waiting for the installation team in India to get back to me.

Needless to say, so far I've found this process, including the documentation (in numerous places, not all refer to each other), utterly confusing. Thank goodness for this list and the Sierra listserv!

Thanks as always for your help!

Alison

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library
11 Winchester St.
Warrenton, VA 20186
http://fauquierlibrary.org
Attachments (2)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Finally got clarification from III.

The ONLY forms that Linked Ecommerce uses are payform.html and donateform.html. The other forms listed on the Sierra WebHelp page entitled, "Setting Up Ecommerce with Payflow Link," are not used in the Linked Ecommerce payment process. Any other screens the patron sees while paying a fine are controlled by Paypal, so customizations will need to go through their interface. In addition, apparently you also need to either copy/paste the code from the screen payform_LINKED.html or rename that form to "payform.html" to get it to work. Nothing in the documentation that notes this fact. Sigh.

Alison
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!