IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Elizabeth Wright
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Tuesday, 27 September 2016
  4.  Subscribe via email
We would like to use Jaspersoft Print Templates as our Checkout receipts, but Innovative has noted that the Jaspersoft templates are assigned a fixed length (eg. 8X11). We can change the length, but there will receipt with a cut off at some point, or there can be a large blank space at the end of the slip.

Problem 1: A customer signs out 1 item and has a lot of blank space at the end of the receipt
Problem 2: A customer signs out 20 items gets 1 receipt – but receipt cuts off after the length of template - so they get 3 or 4 slips of paper

Has any Sierra Library created a Checkout receipt using Jaspersoft that does not have the behaviour above? We have customized the Sierra default Checkout receipt – but we would rather use Jaspersoft to customize the font/content/date display

Thank you for any help you can offer,
Elizabeth Wright
Systems Services Manager
Vancouver Island Regional Library
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Elizabeth!

Attached is our receipt. It does add an extra space every 11 items or so (a problem I would love to get fixed) but it does not have the issue you are talking about.

Nicole Allen
Greenwich Library
Greenwich CT
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Elizabeth,
Attached is the receipt template we are using now (after much fiddling to get it to have the least amount of space possible after any number of items).
We are in Australia so our dates are formatted differently to you. You may want to check before using to make sure it works for you.

Catie Hodges
Library Technology Services Support Officer
City of Gold Coast
Comment
HI Catie - sorry - I don't see the attachment. If your receipt doesn't cut off after the length of 8X14 (about 10 items) we would really appreciate it if you could attach it!
thanks,
Elizabeth
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
We print to a receipt printer and do not have any problems with length, short or long. Our (very basic) template attached. (Delete the ".txt" extension to view/use it.)
Attachments (1)
Comment
HI Sarah,
Unfortunately this cuts off for me after 10 items. If it doesn't cut off for you, I wonder if you could do a screenshot of the Band's property. I don't know why my receipt would behave differently than yours if I am using your file.... Thank you - Elizabeth
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!