IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Nancy Bennett
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Monday, 15 August 2016
  4.  Subscribe via email
Our cataloger is trying to find Item records that are linked to multiple Bibs. I thought that we could use the Linked Rec field in Create Lists, but when I have an Item level Create List that field is an option. When I look at Bib records (where Linked Rec) is an option, then no search strategy makes sense.

How do I find Item records that are linked to Multiple Bibs? I tried searching the IUG Archives because I feel I've seen this discussion in the past, but I was unable to find anything with this scenario.

Thanks,
Nancy Bennett
Carroll University Library
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
AFAIK, there's still no way to do this in Create Lists in either Millennium or Sierra.

You can always just create lists of all of your items and export the item record number and bib record number. Items linked to multiple bibs will appear with multiple bib record numbers. You could then use one of the known Millennium workarounds for creating a list with those item record numbers.

This is one of those processes that is much simpler in Sierra with SQL and importing a list of record numbers directly into Create Lists...

HTH,
David
Comment
  1. Nancy Bennett
  2. 3 years ago
That's what I was afraid of, but was hoping I was wrong.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
AFAIK, there's still no way to do this in Create Lists in either Millennium or Sierra.

You can always just create lists of all of your items and export the item record number and bib record number. Items linked to multiple bibs will appear with multiple bib record numbers. You could then use one of the known Millennium workarounds for creating a list with those item record numbers.

This is one of those processes that is much simpler in Sierra with SQL and importing a list of record numbers directly into Create Lists...

HTH,
David

I know this doesn't help OP, but In case anyone wants to find items linked to multiple bib in Sierra with the SQL features, here's a query to do so.

SELECT
'i' || r.record_num || 'a' as item_record_num,
count(*)

FROM

-- select from all item records
sierra_view.record_metadata AS r

-- now, join the unique item records to each of the bib records
-- Also, the GROUP BY clause will allow us to count how many times a
-- different bib is linked to a specific item. (by the nature of
-- this JOIN being done on the item_record_id, it's ensured that we're
-- only looking at item records)
JOIN
sierra_view.bib_record_item_record_link AS l
ON l.item_record_id = r.id

GROUP BY
r.record_num

HAVING
count(*) > 1

ORDER BY
count(*) DESC
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!