IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Barbara Leach
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Tuesday, 09 August 2016
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello!

I'm attempting to put in a chunk of JavaScript to change the default message for a search term that has no matches. I thought that by adding it to the botlogo.html file in Sierra, under Web Master, that it would work. I've made the editing changes, saved them and gone into Web Options and restarted everything. No dice. When I view the source of the page, I'm not seeing any sign of the code I've entered.

I originally tried adding it under the JavaScript option in the Admin section, but again, no sign of it after the fact.

Where can I actually put this? Thanks!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
What are you trying to change in Encore? If it's the "No Catalog Results found" wording that can be changed by going to Sierra Web Admin -> Encore Messages and search for the phrase "no catalog results found". It will return the current message and if you click Edit you can change the wording.

If you're trying to be fancier . . . The Encore Custom Javascript section only works in the full bib view, not the search results. You can use the Custom Header for this but would probably need something like jQuery to move it from the header to where you want it to appear.

I'm a bit confused about which Web Master pages work with Encore. However, my understanding is even those that you can modify have to be manually copied over via the III Encore team.
Comment
  1. Brent Searle
  2. 4 years ago
My recollection is that before Encore had an integrated patron account view, there was a kludge that existed for one or two release which made use of botlogo_encore.html. Encore used to send users to WebPAC for patron functionality. Once the kludge was in effect, when a patron began searching from within WebPAC and subsequently went to their patron record, the standard WebPAC view was presented. But, if a patron began searching in Encore and then went to their patron record, botlogo_encore.html was presented instead of the standard botlogo.html. The idea was to make it look at least a bit like the Encore UI and to provide links for users to get back to a Encore. Since version [?] of Encore, we've have the integrated patron record view, so botlogo_encore.html is no longer used.

I might have the details wrong but I think it was something like that.

Brent
  1. Guest
  2. 4 years ago
Yes, it's the "No Catalog Results found" wording... I was using JavaScript/jQuery to do it in the console and have a very nice version running there. I'm going to try what you suggest in the Web Admin - thank you!
You're not the only one confused about what pages actually do what & where. I thought at first that they were being used as include snippets in templates .... I came across a reference to "" that I was positive was talking about the "botlogo.html" that I found in the Webmaster section of Sierra. I heard back from a III support person who said that wasn't the case ... So ... what IS the reason for it??? Inquiring minds want to know! :) Thanks again for your response!
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Encore loads jQuery for you, so you can put javascript code in the "Header customization" HTML blocks.

We have this code:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
<!--
jQuery(function($) {
$('div#introPage div#searchbox form#searchFormComponent').after('<div id="whatIs"><a href="http://libguides.scu.edu/onesearch"; target="_blank" title="What is OneSearch?">What is OneSearch?</a></div>');
$('div.ItemsContainer:contains("Not Available at Law Web Resource (WORLD WIDE WEB)";)').hide();
$('div.availabilitySummaryArea:contains("Not Available at Law Web Resource (WORLD WIDE WEB)";)').hide();
});
//-->
</script>

to add a link to the basic homepage search box and to hide a particularly annoying message in the search results and record displays.

HTH,
David
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!