IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Benjamin Shirley
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Wednesday, 03 August 2016
  4.  Subscribe via email
This is a bit dense, (perhaps it's just me that's dense) so bear with me...
In our Authority Heading maintenance work we routinely run the report and get the list of correct authority headings. We search for each one in the catalog and save the authority record so that the overnight process will see it and update all bibs that should be using that main heading.
I have been trying to find a way to automate this process. I have copied the text from the headings report and isolated the correct authority heading. With Sierra 2.3 I was hoping to create a JSON query where each correct heading is found and a create list of authority records that need updating could be compiled. Then I planned to do a minor global update on them to update the edited date so they would get picked up for the overnight authority maintenance program.
The problem is the headings report gives simplified text for the correct headings such as:aikhenvald a iu aleksandra iurevnaWhen searched in the catalog it somehow finds the authority record for:
Aĭkhenvalʹd, A. ︠I︡U.|q(Aleksandra ︠I︡Urʹevna)
(I verified that it is searching the 100 tag by deleting one and rerunning the search and not finding it.)

For some reason  when I do the search with create lists it has to be the exact text with diacritics and punctuation included to have a match.
Is there any clever create lists workaround using regex? Could it be done with an SQL query (to get a list of authority record numbers? Or am I clearly going about his whole thing the wrong way?
Thanks for reading this far,
Comment
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this post but you are not allowed to view the replies from this post.