IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Alison Pruntel
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Thursday, 20 February 2020
  4.  Subscribe via email
Apologies for the length of this post…

On our bib_display.html pages, I have a snippet of the NoveList Select code so that you get related authors, titles, etc.

No problems on any browser except one particular set of workstations that we use for our public OPACs. On these (Win 10), which are in an AD group w/specific policies, we are currently stuck using IE11 in kiosk mode, which opens to innopac.fauquiercounty.gov.
Starting a month or so ago, probably after some random Windows update, the NoveList content stopped displaying. No changes were made re: the filtering of that group of workstations (they basically use a whitelist so that one can only access the library catalog,
website and a small group of other sites (EBSCO/NoveList, Content Café, Overdrive, etc.). My thinking was that a group policy change is causing the problem, because IE 11 (or any other browser…FF, Chrome, Edge) on any other workstation does not have an issue,
the NoveList content renders just fine.

One of our county IT people did some testing (looked at F12 > Emulation) on one of these workstations and said the Mode defaults to 5 vs. 10+ (which renders). I was told it was probably the meta tag <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8;FF=3;OtherUA=4">,
which is included in my INSERT_INHEAD Web Option (<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8;FF=3;OtherUA=4"><script type="text/javascript" src="/screens/iiilangswitch.js"></script><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/screens/styles_print.css"
media="print"><script type="text/javascript" src="/screens/bibdisplay.js"></script>;) causing the problem. I don’t think I’ve touched this web option in years, and it appears to be what comes with the example set.

I removed that portion of the INSERT_INHEAD option and it didn’t make a difference.

Ideally, they’d just set these OPACs up so they opened in another browser in kiosk mode, but until that can be accomplished, I’m being told it’s my problem/our catalog. I try and avoid dealing with making changes to our creaking WebPAC
when possible, and am by no means a “web master,” just an accidental one. I am sure there are many, many more mistakes w/the coding, but hoping that indeed it’s just what’s in this web option and not something else.

If anyone has experienced this or has advice what *should* be in that INSERT_INHEAD option, I’d be very appreciative.

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Pruntel

Manager, Technology & Materials

Fauquier County Public Library

11 Winchester St.

Warrenton, VA 20186

https://fauquierlibrary.org

Alison.Pruntel@fauquiercounty.gov

derek.brown@rhpl.org
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I suspect the issue isn't the meta tag (or anything in your INSERT_INHEAD wwwoption). The issue is your kisok mode IE11 deciding to use document mode 5. When it does this, it's not able to load the javascript file provided by Ebsco for your NoveList content. If your meta tag was at fault, it would be triggering this behavior in every instance of IE11, which is not the case. I think you're right to think the issue is in how those particular OPACs are configured.

-Sean

CwiekS@mcls.org
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!