IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Phil Shirley
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Friday, 10 January 2020
  4.  Subscribe via email
I just got a notice that this idea was about to be archived, so I thought I'd share it here in case anyone's interested:

https://idealab.iii.com/alwaysopen/Page/ViewIdea?ideaid=11643

Make it easier to find fields in Create Lists

Idea Description
In Create Lists, make it easier to find fields to use for search criteria, sorting, listing, and exporting.

Idea Value
Right now, in the pop-up box of fields you get if you double click, it's hard to find the field you want, and there's no way to sort them or search through them. It's hard to find what you want when you're looking through several rows and columns of fields that don't seem to be in any particular order (besides some seemingly arbitrary number). There must be some that can be done to make things easier to find on this screen.

If you prefer to type instead of double-clicking and getting the pop-up, you either have to know the letter or number for the field you want, or you have to arrow up and down until you happen upon the field you want. It seems like it should be possible to allow us to type in the first letter of the field we want a number of times until it comes up, like you might do in a drop-down menu on a web site. For instance, for bib records, you type a "b" once and see "bdisplay"; type a "b" again and you see "bib loc"; you keep doing this until the field you want comes up (maybe it's "bib lvl";).

pshirley@cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Comment
There are no comments made yet.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!