Spigit, the company who provides the software the Idea Lab runs on, has announced that the latest release will be installed for North American customers on July 27th. This release brings quite a few new features and bug fixes, which I'm summarizing towards the bottom of this message.
First, here are a few of the ideas that are close to expiring, and which need your views, votes and comments to continue on in the Idea Lab:
Automated Authority Processing and subfields i, 4, 0
Enable Libraries to define what Item Statuses cannot be requested in the SDA
Resource Name Drop Down When Invoicing in ERM
Verify Headings enhancement: Highlight title in list of headings on which cataloguer is working
Now on to the release note:
- Global search will allow search for ideas, users and comments across challenges
- A compact idea view will now be available. The view will be accessible from any View Ideas page by clicking the compact view icon. Once selected, this preference will be stored in the users browser and result in the view being presented to them by default each time they access the page
- Down voting has been removed and the Like icon has changed
- The list of users who have viewed/liked an idea will be visible to better enable collaboration with like minded users
- Idea quick view has been redesigned to call more attention to voting and commenting
- During pairwise the leaderboards have been removed to avoid biasing votes
- Pairwise messaging upon completing a set of ideas has been reworked
- Text will autocomplete when applying tags to an idea and tags now support spaces
- Updated e-mail notifications for idea submission, graduation and @mentions
- Updated Challenge update e-mails, which may be enabled in the near future
- Attachments have been moved and will now be found in the user action area (along with sharing, following, and editing ideas)
- The print idea button has been removed in favor of using browser print features
- Moderators and expert reviewers will now be identified as such within their profiles
Fixes of note:
- The progress bar on the idea card was showing incorrect progress when compared to view idea and statistics
- Ideas - Hover Card - This removes an issue were the hover card was found to ‘hang’ when navigating across the idea tiles.
- Ideas - Sorting - Ideas are now sorted correctly when seeking the ‘descending’ view for newest.
- Profile - Draft ideas can now be viewed on the Profile Page.
New to Idea Lab? Idea Lab is designed to allow you to submit, discuss, and vote on ideas to improve Sierra and Polaris. Anyone at any Innovative library may participate in Idea Lab. See in the information on how to create an Idea Lab account on our FAQ page: https://www.innovativeusers.org/enhancement/idea-lab-faq
Jeremy Goldstein and Maisam Nouh
IUG Enhancements Co-Coordinators
Gwyneth Jelinek, Polaris Team Lead