IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Alison Pruntel
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Tuesday, 09 July 2019
  4.  Subscribe via email
I’m guessing this is going to be one of those issues where I’m going to be spending a lot of time trying to figure out why, not sure if I’ll get an answer. Maybe this sounds familiar to someone on the listserv…

I have one Windows 10 workstation that, all of a sudden (within the past week), won’t print holdshelf slips via the receipt printer (Epson TM-t88v).

Instead of printing to the selected Epson receipt printer, it prints to another attached printer (HP laserjet used for paging slips, etc.). Even though I confirm that the Epson receipt should be used. It just seems to ignore the selection.
I have checked under all logins to make sure that “Let Windows manage my printer” is not checked and the Epson is indeed the default printer.

This only happens when a particular Windows login is used (Sierra login does not seem to matter).

If a different Windows login is used and the same Sierra credentials are used, it prints the holdshelf slip.

I’ve tested on other Windows 10 workstations, and it’s only this one particular PC.

I don’t know if this is related to some random Windows update or what. The PC at this particular location (whether the older Win 7 that was there or this Win 10 machine) has always had some weird printing quirks (https://listserv.iii.com/read/messages?id=487186#487186),
before and after we moved to hosted.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks for any advice,

Alison Pruntel

Manager, Technology & Materials

Fauquier County Public Library

11 Winchester St.

Warrenton, VA 20186

https://fauquierlibrary.org

Alison.Pruntel@fauquiercounty.gov
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Becky Bowers from Princeton library reminded me to look at File > Select Printer > Print Templates (I was only looking at Settings > Print Templates). Lo and behold, for that particular login on that particular machine, for the holdshelf print template, the wrong printer was set. I was able to change it to the Epson, save settings (until Windows clears it out again) and it works just fine.

alison.pruntel@fauquiercounty.gov
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!