IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. paula smith
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Tuesday, 21 May 2019
  4.  Subscribe via email
My library is getting ready to migrate to Sierra. My question is, to install SDA by thumbdrive, the files need to be accessed using this URL: http://<app_server>/sierra/desktop. Since this is our first time dealing with a cloud-based system, the details are a little fuzzy. How do we use this URL? How do we access the server? Any further instructions would be greatly appreciated. I also looked for an instructional video but couldn't find any.

psmith@kcpl.lib.in.us
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello Paula,

After installing through an .exe there will be a file iiirunner.lax text file that will pass where to connect to through the SDA command line. This is where you specify what port and various options regarding what is to point to where such as temp files, app directory, log files, console window [y/n], etc... They will all have comments regarding what each line does. iiirunner.lax can be opened and edited in Notepad, or the similar. Not suggested to use word or editing programs

Could be in:
C:\Sierra Desktop App
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra Desktop App

In preparation they should have some steps for you to follow including a grizzly test server to connect to and test practice with.

The connection line in iiirunner.lax should look something of the following:
lax.command.line.args=ip=grizzly-sierra.iii.com port=63100 "workdir=C:\\Sierra Desktop App" $CMD_LINE_ARGUMENTS$

All one line, where grizzly-sierra.iii.com should be your libraries url. The port will be varied as well which should be provided to you from iii.

Not sure if this was what you were looking for but,
hope this helps.

zlynn@ci.boca-raton.fl.us
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
zlynn,
Thank you for the information. This helps a lot.

psmith@kcpl.lib.in.us
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!