IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Annette E Woods
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Friday, 17 May 2019
  4.  Subscribe via email
Stark Library is preparing to upgrade our Sierra ILS. We are currently using 3.1 & are considering 4.2. Has anyone made a jump of this size, & what did you encounter? Any tips & advice are appreciated. TIA

awoods@starklibrary.org
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Annette -- We did a big jump from Sierra 3.3 to 4.2 a couple of months ago. The Sierra bit did go well, but there were a couple of hiccups with Encore 4.7:

• Checked out items and holds were not appearing in patron accounts in Encore. We submitted a ticket and this was fixed fairly quickly.
  • Recently Returned items were showing a dash as the status in Encore - This was due to a "Time to Reshelve" table display bug - We "fixed" this ourselves by deleting all of the entries in this table and restarting the webpac processes. The downside is that we no longer has "Recently Returned" showing as a status message in our catalogue.

I would also strongly suggest verifying the upgrade date with III a day or two before the switchover, particularly if you're hosted.

lknudsen@ideaexchange.org
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Annette,

We did a big upgrade last year in Polaris, While it is a different system, our process worked really well. We used a multi-department team to evaluate the different functionalities and to communicate to our staff. It was hugely successful, and the staff gave very positive feedback. I've attached our project charter, and I'd be happy to send our work breakdown structure and other documents if you'd think it would be helpful.

tthompson@piercecountylibrary.org
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!