IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Kathy Farrell
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Thursday, 09 May 2019
  4.  Subscribe via email
Our IT dept. switched out the CPU for the computer than prints our labels for a Windows 10 machine. Millennium saw the local label printer and I could print a page on it, but the labels wouldn't print. The jobs would just queue up.

I had them bring back the old Windows 7 CPU and reinstall it and it is having the same problem even though it was working just fine before it was disconnected.

There aren't any notes on how the original install was done, so I can't check to see if some setting got changed when the CPU was disconnected.

Has anyone had an issue with labels not printing even though Millennium says the printer is accepting jobs?

Does anybody still use Okidatas with Millennium? Can you let me know what your settings are to get the think to work>

kfarrell@gtu.edu
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Windows 10 comes with default drivers for the Okidata printers, but however Millennium is interfacing with them doesn't work.

However, there is an "IBM" flagged version of the drivers, and that DOES work correctly.

You can get the drivers from here https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=okidata%20320
(We have the 320 Turbo).

When you / your IT department installs the drivers, you will have a choice, and make sure you pick the IBM version of the driver, and it should solve the issue. If it doesn't let me know what model you have, and I will go verify the actual settings on the printer itself.

-justin
jcnwml@rit.edu

jcnwml@rit.edu
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.