IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Jeffrey Anderson
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Friday, 19 April 2019
  4.  Subscribe via email
We have recently noticed that email notices that go to a gmail email are sometimes delayed. Our courtesy notices are set to auto and go out at 6am but I have had patrons that don't receive the email until 1:30am. I talked to innovative about this and there were able to see that this is specifically happening to google emails. We don't use a third party email service to send emails out. I am pretty sure that google is just not happy with us sending out bulk emails. Has anyone run into this and then found a solution? I am guessing that we are going to need to break down and use a third party so the emails come from trusted sources so we stop failing google's authentication.

And just to clarify, the emails do seem to get through. Just late. It wouldn't matter but with courtesy notices we have had the message go out at 6am, a patron return their items at 1pm, and then the email reaches the patron at 1:30 am. Then we have a confused patron wanting to know why they are getting an email showing they have items checked out that they have already returned.

jeff.anderson@monroe.lib.mi.us
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
We have the same problem but I am not sure our emails get there at all.

eeswift@hotmail.com
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
I've been noticing this for several months. I check a few of them randomly from time to time with the actual emailed courtesy notices and they do go through. I just chalk it up to Google throttling the delivery. We don't use a third party service either.

flutebrarian@gmail.com
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. # 2
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
After we migrated to hosted, I believe we had we had to use the III/AWS relay for sending all notices vs. going through our own Outlook forward mail host. We had tried to continue using our own Outlook relay, but I believe we experienced the delayed email (see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057301/attr35-response-code-when-mail-is-sent-to-eop-exo). We still have our own fully-qualified e-mail for the "from" and "reply-to" address. We also had to make sure that we added the new IP address of the application server (now on *.iii.com) to the list of approved IPs on our Microsoft Exchange Online Protection.

alison.pruntel@fauquiercounty.gov
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. # 3
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
So I am not 100% sure if the problem was fixed. But it was suggested to look at our SPF record. We added the IP address that our notifications use and then today I had innovative see if we were still seeing gmail errors. And it looks like starting today when the changes would be in effect we are not having issues. Time will really tell but right now it looks like that solved our problem.

jeff.anderson@monroe.lib.mi.us
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. # 4
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!