IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Anna Dundas
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Thursday, 27 September 2018
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi everyone,

I'm moving this question from the bottom of the recent discussion on finding holds, where I'm afraid it will get lost!

Further to this conversation... what do other libraries do once they find a large number of items or bibs that have holds but are no longer available? Is there a way to mass cancel the holds ? We do it one by one and leave a msg on the patron's file. This is a huge staff time black hole, as you can imagine!

Thanks,
Anna Dundas
Supervisor, Collection Services
London Public Library
anna.dundas@lpl.ca

anna.dundas@lpl.london.on.ca
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Anna,
I don't know of a way to do many different items or bibs at once, but you can delete all bib holds on a bib record at once by selecting all the holds and clicking cancel hold. Once you answer printing a notice (we always say yes) and the cancel notice text, you will have to verify each one but it's quick clicking through the list. The patron is notified when the hold cancellation notices are run and sent, which is a whole lot less work than adding notes to patron records.
Kathy

setter@ifls.lib.wi.us
Comment
  1. Anna Dundas
  2. 1 year ago
Thanks Kathy. I'll ask Eeva to check our settings for cancel hold notices.
Sadly, after doing a huge clean up of of long missing items we are still left with over 300 item or bib level holds we are going to have to deal with one at a time. Your tip will help a bit though!

anna.dundas@lpl.london.on.ca
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!