IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Celine Har
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Friday, 23 February 2018
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello, we are an Australian Innovative site and we have subscribed to Encore as our present discovery layer.

Our subscription is coming up for renewal shortly, so we are now considering our options. I was curious about whether any other sites have implemented Encore in the past and then chosen to cease their subscription and implement an alternative? And if so, what and why did you select it?

Thank you in advance.

celine.har@slwa.wa.gov.au
Comment
This is very timely! We went live with Sierra and Encore in February of 2016. We just ditched Encore in January of 2018 for Bibliocommons as our new discovery layer. I assumed we could remove Encore from our maintenance plan and save about $10K per year. Unfortunately we were told that our contract was for 5 years of maintenance and Encore was bundled with the rest of the platform so there was no way we could remove it. Possibly since yours is up for renewal you'll have better luck. Check if Encore was listed as a separate line item on your contract and/or last maintenance bill.

martha.walters@cityofpaloalto.org
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Sarah,

Do you have any information you can share with me on the "next gen" catalog. I also have many problems with Encore that are upsetting to our customers and a disconnect with Encore and the reports on searches in Decision Center.

Also, are you going to another discovery platform plan to just use classic catalog?

Thanks for anything you can offer me.

Debby

cornettd@chesterfield.gov
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!