IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Alison Pruntel
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Tuesday, 28 November 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email
I just received the Innovative Idea Lab email, touting the new challenge, Sierra Public Services Workflow Challenge. Is anyone looking at past enhancement requests (many probably fall under this challenge) and plugging them in on the Idea Lab? So is/was anything added automatically from the past, or are we recreating enhancement requests?

Thanks,

Alison

alison.pruntel@fauquiercounty.gov
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Greetings, Alison!

Thanks for your question. Nothing is being automatically ported over at this time from the old enhancements database to the new Idea Lab space. But everyone is welcome to review the existing enhancements for any you feel are still important and add any that match the existing challenge to Idea Lab.

We had a little dry run yesterday and I did go back and review the existing enhancements and added a few perennials to Idea Lab that are near and dear to my colleagues in circulation.

Just a note that you can sort the old enhancements system items by popularity, if that helps to see high-value potential ideas: Enhancements > Search & Like/Dislike Enhancement Requests > Choose a search term or category > sort results by Popularity and then sort again by Popularity to see the highest vote-getters on top.

One of your enhancement requests, Alison, "View linked records from a single account," is related to an idea on this Idea Lab challenge and getting a lot of comments (https://sierrapublicservices.idealab.iii.com/Page/ViewIdea?ideaid=755). I think there many more potential ideas related to linked patron records - the more the merrier!

Hope that helps. Thank you for all the great ideas and suggestions, everyone.

/beth juhl

bjuhl@uark.edu

bjuhl@uark.edu
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
So the winners from this challenge won't be considered for Polaris implementation or "the Next ILS"? Just trying to figure out how involved a Polaris customer should be in this particular process since the last challenge was more specifically platform agnostic.

wosborn@clcohio.org
Comment
  1. Wes Osborn
  2. 2 years ago
I was asked by someone working in the current challenge to comment on one of their suggestions/ideas in the Sierra Public Services Workflows and wasn't sure if I should, which is why I reached out. Thanks for the explanation.

wosborn@clcohio.org
  1. Guest
  2. 2 years ago
Hi Wes, Thanks for asking!
The current challenge is a Product challenge focused exclusively on Sierra Public Services Workflows. We will select winning ideas that can be implemented within a future release of Sierra, and specific capacity has been allocated for development as part of a Sierra release that is targeted for mid-2018, so there’s no reason for Polaris users to participate on this one.

We have a specific Polaris challenge planned for January 2018 – we are still finalizing the challenge details, but we expect it will be similar in length (~3 weeks) and scope, and you should expect an update before the end of this year. And we are counting on you and the other Polaris users who were so active in our initial challenge to come back in force! Additionally we have plans for an “Always Open” area in 2018 where users from all platforms will be able to post ideas that do not fit a particular time-bound challenge – we expect to see ideas that are related to enhancing current products as well as ideas related to solving problems with new technology solutions in that Always Open space.

We also plan to offer additional Innovation challenges to complement the work we are doing to create new kinds of solutions for libraries. Similar to the Leveraging Data challenge, these will be platform-agnostic, with a goal of identifying opportunities to provide value in new and different ways than traditional ILS offerings already do. We’re just not quite ready to announce topic or timing details, but we will be sure to share with this group when we are!

Best,
Sarah Hickman Auger (Innovative)
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
From my point of view, Wes, your comments and suggestions are always welcome! But we didn'y want you to feel obligated ;)

/beth juhl

bjuhl@uark.edu
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!