IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
Votes
Undo
  1. Robert Colbaugh
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Tuesday, 31 October 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email
Does anyone have an experience to share about implementing the ILL module in Sierra? I am looking for examples of how it might improve efficiency in ILL work flows in an environment where World Share and/or ILLiad is used. Public or academic library. I'd also like to hear from anyone who got the product as part of a bundle, but elected not to use it. I'd like to know why. Thanks

rcolbaugh@wcpl.net
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
+1 here. We are an academic looking at it. Anything you can share would be great!

Greg Ferguson
UC San Diego Library
gferguson@ucsd.edu

gferguson@ucsd.edu
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Alliant International University (previously United States International University) in San Diego was still using it in 2012 when I left. Alliant used it for patron borrowing and I don't remember there being a lending portion of it. All of that was done in OCLC. We created a patron record for the OCLC library and checked the item out to it. Since we wanted to control the auto-notices a bit, we used the ILL email account in all the ILL patron records. If we got an overdue, we would check the shelves and OCLC before we sent the notice to the borrowing library. For patron borrowing, each item would be assigned a temporary barcode and could be check out to that patron through Millennium. In order to control the various due dates, we found it easier to just check out the item before placing it on the hold pickup shelf. What I would like to know is if III has made improvements to the product within the last five years. Although it worked well and met our needs, it was an old module. All the new and exciting features had gone into ERM and other new products. The ILL module was pretty much left out of any new upgrades.

hparker@sandiego.edu
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!