IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. John Luke
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Friday, 25 August 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email
I have a library that has two computers both running Win 10 and Sierra. In Admin >> Settings >> Print Templates, I have the user select 'Due Slip' in the left pull down, check 'Use Print template', and then highlight their libraries' new print template that I custom made in Jaspersoft Studio and imported into Sierra.

When the user hits the preview button on No.1 computer, their correct Print Template pops up in a view as it should.

But on their No.2 computer, the user gets a error message when they hit preview..

When a patron checks out using No.1 computer, the new custom due slip prints out fine. No receipt gets printed when using No.2 computer.

Trying to figure out what No.2 computer doesn't like about the Print Template I made. The only difference I can tell is that the computers have different Java update build numbers. Not sure where else to look.

jluke@mail.owls.lib.wi.us
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Here's the graphic:

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
My .png graphic won't upload properly. It's only 2KB

Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
I created a blank graphic for IolaGraphic.png, and uploaded the files as they existed. They Preview all right on my computer, but we don't have receipt printers and never print due slips, so I don't know if it prints with real data.

I tried editing ths statement to this:
<textFieldExpression><![CDATA[(!($F{Item_Title}==null||$F{Item_Title}.equals("";)) ? "<style isBold='false' size='10'>" +
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStringUtil.xmlEncode(($F{Item_Title}.length() > 40) ?
$F{Item_Title}.substring( 0,40 ) : $F{Item_Title}) + "\n" + "</style>" : "";) +
(!($F{Item_Barcode}==null||$F{Item_Barcode}.equals("";)) ? "Barcode: " + $F{Item_Barcode} + "\n" : "";) +
($F{Item_Due_Date}.length() < 8 ? "" : "<style isBold='TRUE' size='10'>DUE DATE: " + $F{Item_Due_Date}.substring(0,8) + "</style>" )]]>
</textFieldExpression>

But I think this is beyond my experience.

Cindy

CHARPER@vts.edu
Comment
  1. Guest
  2. 3 years ago
I just pasted your new code in, and it does preview fine in Sierra, and prints on my label printer here on my computer just fine. Next step is to see how it performs on the libraries No.2 computer. Thanks! I hope that's it!
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
I asked John to email me the png file; let's see if it works any better if I attach it.

pshirley@cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Attachments (1)
Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
John, I think it prints if I comment out the "Items checked out to:" + patron record number. It looks like that tries to force a null to a string???

CHARPER@vts.edu
Comment
  1. John Luke
  2. 3 years ago
Cindy, you're looking at line 271?

1. more than a month ago
  3. # 10
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!