IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Gem Stone-Logan
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Wednesday, 03 May 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email
In preparation for those of us who must upgrade to Sierra 3.1 as soon as it’s released, what issues have other libraries run into when upgrading Sierra within the last year? I’d like to compile a list of things we should check as soon as the upgrade is finished. I’m interested in all responses, even if you’re not on 3.0+ as often bugs get reintroduced into later software version and it’s good to specifically check for them.

When posting, please post one issue per response. If you don’t have time for multiple responses, just choose the most important one for you. Also, please include which version of Sierra you were on and which you went to. If someone else has already posted the issue, up-vote them instead of posting it again and, if relevant, provide a comment (such as if you have the same issue but upgraded to a different version of Sierra).

Thanks for your help!

gem.stone-logan@mountainview.gov
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Gem --

This is a great idea! I recently posted to the Sierra list seeking feedback on 3.0. We are on 2.2 and also hoping to upgrade soon, but given the missing pair issue I'm inclined to wait. Here are the two issues I'm aware of in 3.0 thanks to the responses on the Sierra list:

Request circles
Matching pair

Other issues I have been tracking from 2.3 onward which have been confirmed fixed on the Sierra list:

Holdshelf issue
Java 8 and cataloging bug
Serials checkin cards sequencing issue

Please let me know if I can reference any particular list postings if you need more information.

--Amy.

ahezel@regis.edu
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
We're also tracking REST API bugs here. We're on Sierra 2.4.0_5 and we have an issue with call numbers in the format of |fPrefix|a####.CUT (ours are being pulled from both bibs and items in the c-tagged 092 field) being returned as a jumble without the accustomed spaces between the subfields, so instead of History 306.766 Mil we see History306.766 Mil. We've had to make a lot of duplicate entries in our shelf mapping tables to cover the correct call number and the jumbled-together incorrect API version. We aren't sure this is fixed in Sierra 3.0.

We have logged an issue with item status (see below).
I have these noted, thanks also to Katie mcgrathk@einetwork.net (4-28-17) who summarized as follows:

One of the bugs we experienced with the APIs was the same as what Janice is reporting. There is a trailing space being returned with the ‘-‘ item status. I also understand this is supposed to be fixed in Sierra 3.1. Another issue we encountered was that information about order records stopped being returned by the bib API. Lastly, there are some issues with cancelling or modifying holds on items via the holds API when one patron has a hold on multiple items attached to the same bib (in our case this would really only be serials). For example, if you try to cancel the hold on one of the items via API, both holds get cancelled. If you try to change the pickup location for one of the holds, the other gets changed. I’m not sure that this last problem will be fixed in the next Sierra release.

Janice
jpainter@princetonlibrary.org

jpainter@princetonlibrary.org
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
If you are using the Acquisitions API, a.k.a. the GobiAPI, you may want to wait for Sierra 3.1. Sierra 3.0 has a bug that generates 2-10 duplicate order records for titles randomly and another that generates "runaway" orders due to new case sensitivity for fund codes . Innovative plans to have them fixed in 3.1.

wlu@scu.edu
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!