IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Jennifer Faist
  2. Forum Feedback and Help
  3. Wednesday, 04 January 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email
Occasionally the link for the "Read this discussion" button in a "New Question Posted" email is malformed and clicking on it sends me to the form for posting a new question rather than the question in the email and the responses (if any). For example, in the email for question [#9753]: New question asked - webbridge vs. pathfinder pro, the link is for <http://innovativeusers.org/iug-forum/new-discussion/9753-webbridge-vs-pathfinder-pro.html>;, which just sends me to the new question form. If I delete the "/new-discussion" part of the URL, I can get to the question and responses. From the home page of the forum the link is <http://innovativeusers.org/iug-forum/sierra-millennium-encore/9753-webbridge-vs-pathfinder-pro.html>;. So it looks like sierra-millennium-encore is being replaced with new-discussion and causing the link to fail. Sometimes the link in the emails works; sometimes it doesn't. I haven't noticed any patterns. I've been noticing this for a few weeks now. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I was just about to post about this. I can't find a cause for this, but I've notified the company that supports the forum software and I'll let you know when this is fixed.

For now, if you click on the "read this discussion" link in an email and it takes you to a page where you can start a new discussion, you can go to the address bar and edit the URL, removing "/new-discussion", to go to the post. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
This is fixed now. Sorry for trouble.
Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,pdf,ppt,pptx,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,,txt,rtf,jrxml,zip
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 8 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.