The Poudre River Public Library District in Fort Collins, Colorado is looking for a new Library IT Manager. We are also looking forward to welcoming our new director in late October, David Slivken, from Dayton Metro Library.
I’m leaving the library after 26 years, 5 in this position. While I’m sad to be leaving, I’m looking forward to new challenges and adventures in my personal and professional lives.
Apply at https://fcgov.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=860
You may notice that the application process links you to the City of Fort Collins. The Library District is separate from the City government, however, we contract with them for recruitment services and employee benefits. This position is for employment by the Library District, not the City.
Below is the Job Description for your immediate pleasure and perusal. Let me know if you have any questions about my current position.
Library IT Manager
Poudre River Public Library District
301 E. Olive St.
Fort Collins CO 80524
POSITION TITLE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER (Full-Time Regular) (Classified)
REQUISITION #: req860
DEPARTMENT: Library District
LOCATION: LIBRARY ADMIN CENTER
BENEFIT CATEGORY: Classified (Non-CBU) View Classifications & Benefits
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time Regular
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $79,264.00 - 93,252.00 (Salaries are paid biweekly)
SELECTION PROCESS: Application deadline is 3:00 p.m. MT on 10/4/2016.
You will receive an email acknowledgment when you have successfully submitted an application. Your completed application will be forwarded to the hiring manager. You will be notified if you are selected for further testing or interviews. Please keep your contact information up-to-date. The status of your application will be updated in your applicant profile. Post-offer background check and drug test required.
Summary: Plan, direct and manage the technology efforts of the Poudre River Public Library District. Assist the Executive Director with strategy and implementation of institutional objectives. Create and maintain a stable, efficient and innovative technology environment for all library operations. Works with City of Fort Collins Information Technology staff to coordinate and manage contracted services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Manage day-to-day operations of the Library Systems Administration including technical infrastructure and computing devices at all Library District sites. Sets goals and arranges tasks, people and resources to accomplish the work in support of the strategic plan.
• Assist in the development of an annual technology budget and manage expenditures. Develop a multi-year technology replacement plan.
• Monitor, track and oversee inventory of the District’s hardware and software.
• Supervise technical staff in the areas of system administration, desktop user and network support, and web design.
• Manage major technology projects including preparing specifications, leading RFP processes, completing successful contract negotiations, and process follow-though; project implementation, and appropriate involvement of library staff, City of Fort Collins staff, vendors, and other partners.
• Participate as a member of the Library Leadership Team.
• Keep Executive Director informed of specific and general technology issues and trends, how they affect current operations, how they might impact future plans, and make recommendations for direction.
• Propose and implement technology improvements, solutions, and innovations in response to public and staff needs. Provide technical assistance to staff in support of District efforts to develop digital literacy for public and staff.
• Ensure the District is optimizing use of current technologies and exploring and incorporating emerging library, computer, information and communication technologies such as new networking solutions, virtualization, etc.
• Occasionally performs hands-on work in the area of desktop support; network support; application support; training support and other areas; technical support including end-user and back-end systems.
• Stay up-to-date and following the latest trends in the fields of information technology and information science.
• Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Knowledge of the resources, procedures and practices of the information technology field.
• Experience in IT project management.
• Experience developing and maintaining operating budget for technology expenses.
• Maintaining currency and following the latest trends in the fields of information technology and information science.
• Applies American Library Association guidelines and library principles to technology projects and services.
• Technical knowledge of computers, networks, system design and implementation, server technology, security and disaster recovery.
• Expertise in and ability to apply new technologies.
• Ability to develop, integrate and manage database systems.
• Ability to convey technical information in a clear, understandable fashion to users.
• Ability to organize and present technical information and train users on applications in a formal or informal setting.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors, and the general public.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years of successful and progressively responsible IT experience including supervision and performance evaluation of staff is required. Experience with library management systems, vendors, and solutions is preferred. Masters in Library and Information Science with appropriate experience will also be considered.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals and procedures, professional journals, legal documents, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and/or members of the community. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license.
This position is responsible for the supervision and performance evaluation of the Integrated Library Systems Administrator, the Web Developer, the Network Specialist and the Computer Support Technician.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or more.
The Poudre River Public Library District will make reasonable accommodations for access to Library District services, programs and activities and will make special communication arrangements for persons with disabilities. Please call (970) 221-6535 for assistance.
The Poudre River Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions for which they have applied without regard to race, religion, gender, age (40 years or older), national origin, color, creed, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or other characteristics protected by law.
BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST REQUIRED.
Note: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no comments made yet.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Be one of the first to reply to this post!