IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Phil Shirley
  2. Forum Feedback and Help
  3. Wednesday, 30 August 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email
Some people reported that they weren't receiving email notifications from the IUG Forum. I noticed in their DNS records that all of them had their mail going through [something].mail.protection.outlook.com. It turns out that Microsoft had blacklisted us; I got them to remove us, and now things seem ok.

I think we were blacklisted when we changed the "from" address of these emails from something like

John Smith <discussoins@innovativeusers.org>

to

John Smith <jsmith@library.org>

I did the only thing I could do, which was change it back to what it been originally, that is

Innovative Users Group <discussoins@innovativeusers.org>

I'll get it changed back to

John Smith <discussoins@innovativeusers.org>

because people wanted to be able to see who the post, reply, or comment was from; I can't make this change directly; it will take a little time.

Phil

pshirley@cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Comment
  1. Guest
  2. 3 years ago
I got the first IUG email notification with title "Email Digest From Innovative Users Group - Test" today. Thank you Phil!

Hadi Amjadi
San Jose Public Library

There are no comments made yet.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,pdf,ppt,pptx,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,,txt,rtf,jrxml,zip
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 8 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.