IUG FORUM

Stay always connected!
  1. Eve Pasternak
  2. Sierra/ Millennium/ Encore
  3. Thursday, 22 September 2016
  4.  Subscribe via email
We don't have a problem with items "falling off" the holdshelf--they stay on too long.
When running the clear holdshelf report, there is sometimes a title that we cannot find on the physical shelf. It will be marked as onhold for a specific patron, with the pick-up time expired. Status on the item is 'available" and the book has been reshelved. Investigation proves that that same person had the book on hold, checked out the item and has already returned it. (usually within the past week)
Why is it still coming up to be cleared from the holdshelf? It's not every item or every patron, or even every item for specific patrons.

It seems that this has just been happening since our upgrade to service pack 2 ( of Mil. 2014)

Has anyone else seen this glitch?

thanks,
Eve
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi! I've had similar reports of this behaviour (one just this past week). We are on Sierra! I would open a ticket with iii, just in case it isn't related to the holdshelf 'bug', though I suspect it is! Kind regards and have a SUPER day!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Eve,
We saw this behavior after upgrading to Millennium 2014 as well and reported it to III in Ticket #400374. It was fixed after they applied a patch with this explanation:

This is a Known Issue in which hold status remains 'ready for pickup' in the holdshelf file even after item is checked out. This prevents items from being cleared by clear holdshelf as they should once they are checked out to a patron. Instead, the items can only clear once their expiration date passes.

There is a hotfix available and I already installed it on your system. Please restart all Millennium sessions to apply these changes.

Please note the fix is NOT retroactive and can only prevent the behavior moving forward. This means items affected by this bug prior to my installing the patch, will still need to wait to age off the holdshelf.

Hope this helps,
Eileen
Comment
  1. Guest
  2. 3 years ago
thanks, Eileen. I just created a ticket, (and referenced yours) With luck, this will do the job.
Eve
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!