Re: [IUG] Diacritics

Michael

I'm not an apologist for Microsoft, but their support page suggests Arial
Unicode MS should only be used as a default when, "you cannot use multiple
fonts that are tuned for different writing systems".
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q287247/#appliesto

One of the issues I have with the Arial Unicode MS is that is it now
appears to be a propriety font. One cannot download it for free if they
do not have an MS product that provides it.
http://www.orwell.ru/test/download/ascender

If this problem is exclusively caaused by MS (specifically Internet
Explorer) why does it occur in Millennium cataloging? Is this just a
matter of properly enabling Unicode in Millennium?

Leo